Friday, September 11, 2009

The Importance of Taking a Break

We all know how easy it is to get burned out on work, cleaning, driving, taking care of a family - all of those things we have to do in our daily lives. When we get burned out on the responsibilities of life, we turn to our hobbies - crafts, sports and other activities to take our minds off of the stresses of life.

It is so important to have these hobbies to help us keep our sanity. When we can't take a break from the things that add pressure and stress to our lives, there are a lot of negative consequences. The stress and unhappiness is soon reflected in our relationships, our disposition and, if not dealt with, our health.

For some of us, our crafts are our jobs. There have been times that I can't stand to look at a bead or my sewing machine because I have simply been working too long a particular project or I've put too many deadlines on myself for a show or getting my shop taken care of. When I get to that point, I know it's time to take a break and go for a drive. It's time to deal with something that has nothing to do with work. When I do come back to my project, I feel refreshed and excited about it again.

We can not forget to have some kind of healthy fun in our lives. It is something we need, whether we want to admit it or not, we need that little bit of fun, that break from the normal routine.

Happy Crafting All!

No comments:

Post a Comment