Thursday, November 8, 2012

A More Everyday Pillow

I'm one of those people that gets bored looking at the same things day in and day out. I like to have those little changes that keep a room feeling fresh and new. It's too expensive to change furniture out everytime I want something new. So I do the next best thing and change the accessories. Our living room is done in warm browns, blues and greens to remind us of the outdoors. Plus being fairly neutral, it is easy to bring in pops of color.

For this cover, I used the 18" square form and a rich tonal green fabric. Then I decided to use up a bunch of buttons I had floating around. This was a nice relaxing, evening project for me. I kept the buttons in a little bowl next to my chair and hand-sewed them on while watching TV.


Even with such a simple design, it brings a lot "WOW!" to the room. The colors compliment the rest of the decor but don't overwhelm. A great thing about this design is that it would be great for those large scraps or strange size remnant. The front is actually two pieces of material with the seam in the middle. This worked out great because it gave me a straight line to base my buttons around. I can see myself making a few more of these, with different materials and a variety of colorful buttons.


Just think of how nice this would look on your couch, a comfy chair or on the guest bed. Why not buy the large packages of buttons, enough material and pillow forms, and make several for around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment