Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Birthday Present


Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday and she is one of those incredibly hard to shop for people. She has just about everything she could want or need. In about a week, she will be going on a Caribbean cruise with my father-in-law. I think it is sort of a Happy Retirement/Happy 44th Anniversary celebration.

Anyway, DH and I have been stressing about what to get her. Last weekend, as he was faithfully following me around Michael's (the only really good local craft store), DH noticed a beautiful tiger eye pendant. He should it to me and asked if I could do something with it for his mom. After some more searching, we found the tiger eye round beads, faceted sterling silver beads and the perfect chain to bring it all together!

The necklace ended up being 24" long, which is the perfect length for my MIL. Since we figured she would be wearing this on her cruise, I decided to make a pair of matching earrings with the left over beads and some lovely clip-on findings I already had.

My MIL was thrilled when she opened the present yesterday! She put on both the necklace and earrings and had the biggest smile on her face! I was really happy to be able to find make something that she enjoyed so much and I think she was genuinely touched to have something made exclusively for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment