Monday, January 5, 2009

Finally - The Pictures!

This will be a relatively short post, I just wanted to share some pictures of the Christmas gifts I made for this past holiday season. The only thing I didn't get pictures of were the scarves I did for my nieces.
This is a huge blanket I crocheted for a dear friend of the family. I used about 65 ounces of Red Heart Baby Clouds Yarn ( I think that's the right name) and it was heavy!! It's overall size was in the neighborhood of a five foot square - I really should have measured it, but I finished it just in time to deliver it! Everyone in the family loved it, and I think there may be some debate among them as to who gets to use it the most! LOL

This is the necklace I made for my 8 year old niece. She loved it! I used white Druk Glass pearls, crystal quartz, and various sizes of Aurora Borealis beads. I strung around the focal point, only about 4 inches of the 16" necklace. For the rest of the necklace, I used a simple white organza ribbon.

When I finished it, it occured to me that the necklace looked like something a bride might wear. Hopefully she will be able to keep this for a very long time - she is incredibly active little girl! It was just really nice for me to be able to give her something no one else would ever have. It made her feel very special, which is exactly why I make jewelry!

This necklace was made for my step-son's girlfriend. He is a great kid and I have made jewelry for his last three girlfriends! LOL (Of course he is only 17, but the fact that he likes giving jewelry is a good sign! hehe)

He asked for something very simple because his girlfriend is a very down-to-earth type girl. So I used a beautiful Swarovski heart pendant, with the AB finish paired with deep purple glass Druk beads for the focal point. A few inches up the silver chain, I added a couple of Swarovski crystals with another of the purple Druk beads. The goal was for simple yet dramatic - an understated necklace that could make a very bold statement. (And the best part is she loved it!)

I have to finish up a necklace and earring set for my MIL's birthday on Wednesday and then I am going to be working on some really fun resin projects! I will post again later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment