Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 2 of cleaning...

My goal for Monday was simple: move my lightbox to a better location. I'm happy to say that goal was accomplished! And since it took less time than I thought it would, I got started on filing a year and half worth of paperwork. Ugh, I hate filing. But once the papers are organized and put away, I know my office will be much more functional.

Tuesday's goal is to finish the filing and get my material organized. Today's goal will take considerably more work on my part. I have tons of material stored in a six-foot long, nine drawer dresser. The idea I have is to get some semblance of order to it. Clothing material in one drawer, fat quarters in another, scraps in another, and so on. Since I know I have a some fabrics for specific projects, they will be grouped accordingly. Once I have all my beautiful fabrics organized I will have fewer problems trying to decide what quilt projects I want to work on.

This year I want to make lots of throw quilts! That's a long term goal I've set for myself and one I think is attainable. Hopefully by next week, I will have everything ready to go and I can start on my first quilt of the year!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how you make me miss my crafting "area" in our old house. This house is much smaller, so I'll have to get things out as needed. My MIL (who lives next door) and I have some plans for a crafting area, but that probably won't pan out for at least a few months.

    Have fun organizing all those fabrics...and getting distracted...

    ReplyDelete