Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year

For me, a new year is a fresh start. It's a new month, new calendar and new possibilities. So many things can and will happen in the next 12 months, and it's all up to me. I've decided to start this year out with a rededication to myself and my crafting. A lot of 2010 was spent working on items for my step-son's wedding, and I lost track of the crafts that I did for fun and to sell.

Rededicating myself is a positive thing and it requires a positive working environment. Unfortunately, the disorganized, chaotic disaster that is my office will not lend itself to the creative process. Therefore, the next week or two will be devoted to reorganizing, cleaning and inventorying my supplies. Throughout the process, I'm sure I'll be getting inspired to do all kinds of crafting - projects that will distract me from my end goal of a functioning office in which to create.

Today's goal is to get my lightbox set up in a better location within my office. My lightbox is super important to me. I take pictures of everything I make to share the end product with friends and family that can't be here to see for themselves. It's also important to my jewelry making as the right pictures will help me make more sales.

Wish me luck, Happy New Year, and happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment