Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Swedish Weave


On New Year's Day, 2010, my husband and I wandered into an antique shop that just happened to be open. We noticed a wealth of beautiful fabrics being organized and found out they were getting ready to add a fabric shop in one corner. As I talked with this charming 90 year old woman about all my crafting endeavors, she asked if I had ever tried Swedish Weave. At the time I had never hear of it but the idea of a new craft got me excited.


I did my research and found a couple of pattern books. All you need is monk's cloth, yarn and lots of time. The end result is a beautiful blanket that will astound people when they hear you made it yourself. The intricacy of the designs can vary, and I chose one that seemed simple enough. I'm nearly half way done with my first project and am determined to finish it up sooner, rather than later!



Happy Crafting All!

2 comments: