Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Simple Quilt For A Weekend


It took me roughly 8 hours to make the above 48"x48" quilt. I used in great method from "Crazy Shortcut Quilts" by Marguerita McManus & Sara Raffuse - a book I highly recommend because it turns the most difficult part of a quilt (the actual quilting) into a fun step.

There are several different varieties of quilt designs in the book, and since I was trying it for the first time, I chose the simplest and smallest to do. Because I don't have a full size quilting machine, I am forced to do all of my quilting on my little Singer, which can be very challenging once I start working on something larger than a twin size quilt. However, the book illustrates beautifully how to create simple crazy quilt blocks, do all the quilting and then sew the blocks together!

I've decided that Wednesday will be the day I discuss my quilting projects, and starting next week I will be going step by step through the current project that I am working on. (Which will unfortunately not be one from the above mentioned book.) Hopefully I will inspire a few beginning quilters like myself to follow along and maybe even try some of the things I'm doing.

(Don't worry jewelry fans and all other crafters - I am aiming at having different projects from different crafting disciplines every day of the week. Mondays will be crochet projects, Tuesdays are for jewelry, Wednesdays are quilting, Thursdays are paper projects and Fridays will be some of the eclectic other things that I have been working on. This will help ensure I post more often with a little more consistency. Hopefully, everyone will join me!)

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment