Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Side Tiara

Things have been pretty hectic over the last couple of weeks. I have a wedding coming up in June, a couple photo sessions booked and many things planned for my shop, and lots of projects around my house and in my garden.

One of the things I recently finished was this lovely side tiara. I made this for my June bride because she was unsure of what she wanted for her hair. Since I've been craving a reason to make one, I did as a sample for her to see. In the end she decided that it wasn't what she wanted. 



So for this piece I made two white satin, lollipop flowers, hand-stitched them together and added the clear rhinestone accents. One flower is larger than the other and they were set off center on a silver-tone metal headband.


To add a little glitz to the headband, I added a single row of cup chain clear rhinestones. I used both adhesive and wire wrapping to give it added strength and durability. Below you can see how it might set on a bride's head.



Since it was just a sample, I have put it up for sale in my etsy shop. Check it out here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment