Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Sewing Like Crazy Lately...

So, if you remember last week, I shared this Shining Quilt with you. It is a Christmas present that I got finished for a special person in my family. Well, all I can say is sewing is pretty addictive. I have since finished two more quilt tops, have one that is almost finished and one that is in the process of being made. Granted they are only tops right now, but tops generally take the longest time with all the piecing involved. 

This week, I want to share some of the sewing I have been doing. I'm going to start with the one that is almost finished. It will be for my king size bed when it's done. Right now all that is left is to figure out a border to go around it to get it up to the right size. My hubby loves the colors in this quilt and the very simple pattern that I used. 

 Sorry the first picture is sideways, but I still haven't quite gotten that figure out. Anyway, right now it is just about the right size for a queen bed, but as I said, I need a good border that will make it perfect for our king.

This one is not a high priority right now just because it is not a Christmas present - it might have been in the hubby didn't see already. But it will get done within the next month or two. I am even considering making it in to a cover for our down comforter, but haven't decided 100% yet.

Below is a close up of the fabrics I used. These have been in my stash for quite a while because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them. I was fortunate enough to find some more of the black with the swirly pattern at my local Joann's.

I also have an idea for the back of this quilt that will make it more of a reversible quilt, I just have to sit down and really plan it all out. But for right now, my sewing machine is calling me...




No comments:

Post a Comment