This last quilt top needs a little applique work done, so I guess technically, it's almost finished but close enough to share. The inspiration for this design came from wandering around Pinterest. I came across THIS PICTURE and knew it would be a perfect Christmas present for my brother's girlfriend. She collects foxes and I thought this might be a nice addition to that collection.
You can see mine is a bit different from the picture, just in some of the shapes and color tones.The reason for this is I had to figure out the pattern on my own. Afterall, all I had was a picture, no instructions or measurements. I used about a yard of the red, two fat quarters of the off-white beige color and about two yards of the black. The fox is made out of mostly 9" blocks.
The red sashing was my brother's idea to dress up the empty black space around it. All in all, I'm very pleased with how this turned out and am even considering making another one for myself. If anyone would like a tutorial on how I made the fox, please leave a comment and I will get to work on it!