Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Bangle Bracelets

I found this fabulous site called ResinObsession which offers all kinds of wonderful advice, techniques and videos for working with resin to make jewelry and household items. It is where I got the beautiful molds used to make my ugly butterflies last week. Well, I also bought molds for bangle bracelets which were fun to make. On the smaller one, on top, I poured resin in to fill the mold and then added a few drops of dye which I mixed in with a toothpick in order to get the watery, swirly effect. The larger one didn't work exactly as I had hoped simply because the resin started to cure before I could get the red layer I was trying for. But it was a fun experiment - and I am learning something new everytime I pour.

If you want to learn about working with resin, or just see some interesting videos, check out the ResinObsession site. Cindy is great and I only have good things to say about ordering from her!

Happy Crafting!


2 comments:

  1. The design is great and the work fabulous ...
    Arm bracelets make you feel important it is favourite among women and girls.
    It is said strong is beautiful ,feminine can be tough
    Thanks for Sharing
    Arm Bracelets

    ReplyDelete