Thursday, February 19, 2009

To Frame A Pretty Picture

It was hard to decide on exactly what I should give my DH for Valentine's Day this year. There is a lot of stuff that he wants - mostly tools and video games, which is not a very romantic selection. Plus we are living on a budget.

The picture frame I ended up making worked out perfectly. It is small enough that it will not be in the way on his desk, but he can still have a sentimental picture of the two of us at work. (I did add a picture after the above photo was taken.) And it didn't take me out of my budget. I spent $1 on the blank wooden frame, $1 for the accent wording and hearts (sold as a set), and pulled a piece of 12"x12" scrapbook paper, accent paints and resin from my stash. Even if I had to buy the other supplies, I would have only about $12-15 on a very thoughtful gift that he really loved.

This is just another wonderful example of how with a little creativity and time, special gifts can be made on a very tight budget!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment