Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mellow Yellow

Yellow has never been a color I was particularly fond of. However, since part of my New Year's Resolution was to give up the "Would I wear this?" mentality in my jewelry making, I am trying new colors - including the dreaded yellow! (Hey, let's here it for sticking with a New Year's Resolution and getting positive results!)

Anyway, here are the necklaces. The yellow beads are lovely faceted resin beads. The strung necklace also includes silver-plated findings and spacers, and white moonglow glass beads. The chain necklace was a real departure for me in design. I am a little OCD when it comes to symmetry, but with this one, I went into completely unexplored territory! Yellow and asymmetrical - GASP!!! hehe I am really pleased with it, especially the way the silver-plated star spacers worked with the moon and start toggle and the yellow bicones! I'd love to hear some opinions! (PS I'll work on getting better pictures!)

Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment